During December 2005, we conducted a massive research project going back to 1993 to locate all the marks that our athletes ever do. A comprehensive list of records was one of the results of that research. In developing the records certain guidelines were followed. They are listed below.
1. Only meets sanctioned by the AAU or USATF are included. Road races and little fun track meets do not qualify for records. Most track meets are F.A.T. but it is not mandatory for a record.
2. Indoor marks are eligible for records vs. the outdoor marks. Since indoor track should be slower than outdoor due to the size of the track, we decided for the time being to include those marks. In the future if we begin a more intense indoor program we have the ability to pull indoor marks as separate records.
3. Marks set in a sub-event of a multi-event are eligible for the open event record.
4. From 1993-1996, all of meets were conducted with 2-year age groups. In 1997, the AAU divided some age groups into single year age groups. Since we only had four years with the 2-year age groups we decided to break our marks and records from 1993-1996 into the single year age groups. In 2005, AAU divided the Youth Division into Sub-Youth and Youth Divisions. Since we had a longer history with the Youth Division we did not go back and separate those marks. Beginning in 2005, those marks are separate.
5. USATF meets are still in 2-year age groups. Since most of our marks are in AAU competition, in order to be consistent, we divide the marks from USATF meets into the AAU divisions. We also break apart non-age group meets like Nike Nationals or Footlocker to match our normal age groups.
To read the records you will need Adobe Reader.
Records updated May 27, 2015
Slipstream Track & Field Club
303 C.D. Williams Rd
Telford, TN 37690